Wine type: Red
Grape type: Tempranillo, Graciano and Mazuelo, three native varietals of La Rioja.
Time in Barrel: 20 months
The Marqués de Carrión Winery is located in Labastida, a historic city in the Rioja Alavesa protected by the Sierra de Cantabria along the Ebro River 4 km from Haro. The winery has an area of 35,000 m2 (15,000 m2 built area) with a production and bottling capacity of 50 million bottles a year. It currently houses 20,000 Bordeaux barrels of American and French oak wines lay dormant for future bottling and aging in bottle. The Marqués de Carrión bottler has a capacity for 1 million bottles dedicated to reserve and gran reserve.
- Bacchus International Wine Competition 2010 - Silver Bacchus
- Berliner Wein Trophy 2012 - Gold medal
- Berliner Wein Trophy 2015 - Gold medal
- Challenge International du Vin 2010 - Bronze medal
- International Wine and Spirit Competition 2010 - Silver medal
- International Wine and Spirit Competition 2011 - Bronze medal
- International Wine and Spirit Competition 2013 - Bronze medal
- International Wine and Spirit Competition 2014 - Bronze medal
- International Wine and Spirit Competition 2015 - Silver medal
- International Wine Challenge 2011 - Silver medal
- Mundus Vini 2013 - Gold medal
Marques de Carrion is a modern crianza from La Rioja, for which we seek out high quality grapes with a perfect phenolic and alcoholic ripeness, which are fermented in stainless steel tanks at 28°C with an intense maceration with the skins for around 15 days. The wine undergoes malolactic fermentation and is decanted to select barrels of French oak for 20 months, providing the complexity and elegance of a fine bouquet.
Marqués de Carrión Crianza is a classic Rioja wine with an concept evolved to new trends. It presents a medium high intensity, garnet red color, very bright. The nose features balsamic aromas, direct and subtly spicy with slight hints of oak. It is round and distinguished on the palate with a complete balance between wine and wood, leaving behind a persistent velvety feel.
We recommend serving this Rioja at a temperature of 16°C.
Marqués de Carrión Crianza is very well with small game dishes, fine meats, cheeses and blue fish.